Friday 7 January 2011

Screen printing and embroidery samples

Last term I started off the year doing ceramics, I wanted to create a range of functional tableware inspired by folk and scandinavian art...but halfway through the term I decided to change disciplines and go back to screen printing which I had finished off doing the year before. I'm attempting to create a range of textile items which will be hand screen printed onto natural fabrics such as linen, jute and hessian.

Before Christmas I made up a screen and started printing to test out patterns and ideas.




I printed my samples onto linen






I love the idea of incorporating handstitched embroidery into my textiles, such as cross stitch, but doing patterns inspired by folk patterns, but slightly more simplified...











No comments:

Post a Comment