Monday 18 February 2013

This Week

This week I have got a lot of time off work, which is nice! I therefore should concentrate on my business etc etc....

I'm planning on doing lots of drawing, I'd like to do more illustration-y illustrations...If that makes sense, with more of a story behind them or something...

I'd also like to practice adding more texture and depth to the finished pieces. All my drawings are hand drawn in pen and then edited on my laptop, this means any colour and texture has to be added digitally. At uni we learned a bit, but maybe not as much as I would have liked. Luckily I have found some great tutorials over on Digital Arts, theres a good one from Sandra Diekmann which gives lots of information about adding layers, texture and hand drawn elements.



Maybe by the end of the week I'll have lots of texture-y drawings to show you!

In the mean time, here's one from Sandra Diekmann and one from me, featuring a little fox :)

Sandra Diekmann


No comments:

Post a Comment