Friday 29 March 2013

Waiting For Spring

The weather around here has been most definitely not spring like, we've had snow, sleet and wind so strong it nearly knocked me over... On the way home from work the other day, it was snowing, I had the wrong shoes on (no grip whatsoever...) and the wind was strong enough that I literally couldn't move, it was such a relief to get on the bus and warm up!

I'm hoping that spring arrives soon, I bought a little selection of vegetable seeds ready to plant in big pots and crates in the garden. Many of them say to plant in March but the weather has been so horrible that I haven't risked it! If it warms up a bit next week I might start planting some out.

So hopefully by the summer we'll be able to harvest our own veggies, I'm looking forward to the beetroot and sweetcorn!


No comments:

Post a Comment